Father, husband and photographer
Hi, I’m John
I’m a father, husband and photographer. Five years ago, I married my beloved Karin. Together we have two wonderful sons, Leo 7 year and Tim 2 year. To be invited to photograph a wedding is an honor. I know how important a wedding day is and how enjoyable it is to remember it through great pictures.
Photography has been my passion for over 20 years. I started with film and made black and white prints in the darkroom. I also have a Ph.D. with research in Expert performance. It has helped me to be thorough, a support for the wedding couples and to photograph the decisive moments that builds your wedding story.
I believe that…
- A wedding is one of the most memorable days in life.
- A wedding book or album is a family heirloom that will be cherished for generations to come.
- Your emotions should be seen in the pictures.
- Everyone can be coached to bring out their best.
- Quality pays off in the long run.
- Safety and security are important to all parties.
- Proper preparation, training and equipment improves the results.
- It’s wonderful to capture the decisive moments that occur naturally.
- Everyone has something unique that is worth showing off.
- One should try to understand before before trying to be understood.
- Love needs nurtured to grow.
- Marriage is worth celebrating
Award winning quality
John Hellström is a member of Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI), Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP), and Svenska Fotografers Förening (SFF). He has earned many awards and accolades in the worlds largest competitions for wedding photographers. Johns’ photographs have been published in several books and wedding magazines, and he has also done photography assignments for national TV.