Father, husband and photographer
Hi, I’m John
I’m a father, husband and photographer. Six years ago, I married my beloved Karin. Together we have two wonderful sons, Leo 8 years and Tim 2 years old. To be invited to photograph a wedding is an honor. I know how important a wedding day is and how enjoyable it is to remember it through great pictures.
Photography has been my passion for over 20 years. I started with film and made black and white prints in the darkroom. I also have a Ph.D. with research in Expert performance. It has helped me to be thorough, a support for the wedding couples and to photograph the decisive moments that builds your wedding story.
I believe that…
- A wedding is one of the most memorable days in life.
- A wedding book or album is a family heirloom that will be cherished for generations to come.
- Environmental friendly products are recommended, so support our future live on this planet.
- Everyone can be coached to bring out their best.
- Quality pays off in the long run.
- Safety and security are important to all parties.
- Proper preparation, training and equipment improves the results.
- It’s wonderful to capture the decisive moments that occur naturally.
- Everyone has something unique that is worth showing off.
- One should try to understand before before trying to be understood.
- Love needs nurtured to grow.
- Marriage is worth celebrating!
John Hellström is one of the few Swedes that are regularly winning international awards in the most prestigious competitions for portrait and wedding photographers. For example, earlier this year (2017) he won Gold Award and third place in the “unofficial world championship” WPPI print competition in Las Vegas. John is a member of Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI), Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP), and Svenska Fotografers Förening (SFF). Johns’ photographs have been published in several books and wedding magazines, and he has also done photography assignments for national TV.